Can you tell a face of genuine SADNESS?
Look for these body language facial cues:
Overall loss in facial muscle, body gestures, and posture.
Forehead: horizontal lines across
Inner corners of eyebrows: Raised, upward into inverted V with vertical line in-between
Eyelids: triangulate with raised upper eyelids’ interior corners + drooping exterior corners. Lower eyelids may appear raised
Eyes: Downward narrower eyes in a near squint.
Cheeks: Raised. Nasolabial Furrow downward corners of lips.
Mouth / Lips: mouth dropped open, corners of lips are drawn downward and may tremble.
Chin: Tip of chin (the Mentalis muscle) may wrinkle, get pushed upward, and tremble or quiver.
CONTACT Accurate Body Language, LLC Today:
- Body Language and Communication Analysis
- Individualized One-on-One Coaching
- Speaking Engagements / Keynote / Presentations / Conferences
- Group Training / Workshops / Seminars
- Business / Sales / Executive Team Development
- Employee Team Motivation / Human Resource Interviewing
- On-Site Evaluations
- Cultural Nonverbal Training
Ekman, P. (2003). Emotions revealed, second edition: Recognizing faces and feelings to improve communication and emotional life (2nd Ed.). New York, NY: Henry Holt and Company.