Eye brows: lowered, drawn down, narrowed, and pulled in tightly together in the middle usually with vertical line(s) or wrinkles in between eyebrows
Eyelids: Upper / lower lids are tense, and may be raised or hidden.
Eyes: Intense gaze / penetrating stare
Nose: flare or dilated
Mouth / Lips: either (1) narrowed, tightly pressed together, with corners straight or down, and lip tension or lower lip bulging, or (2) parted open wider and tensed in a square shape
Pitch: higher, speaking louder and faster. Speech will slow down and pitch will drop in moments of intense anger
Watch out!! The brain and automatic nervous system activates and prepares the body for maximum exertion of energy and blood, and possible fight or flight:
CONTACT Accurate Body Language, LLC Today:
- Body Language and Communication Analysis
- Individualized One-on-One Coaching
- Speaking Engagements / Keynote / Presentations / Conferences
- Group Training / Workshops / Seminars
- Business / Sales / Executive Team Development
- Employee Team Motivation / Human Resource Interviewing
- On-Site Evaluations
- Cultural Nonverbal Training
Ekman, P. (2003). Emotions revealed, second edition: Recognizing faces and feelings to improve communication and emotional life (2nd Ed.). New York, NY: Henry Holt and Company.
Ekman, P., & Friesen, W. (2003). Unmasking the face. Cambridge, MA: Malor Books.