DISGUST usually involves the sense of smell, taste, or touch. Disgust is expressed according to the intensity of the aversion / repulsion. The body language expression and objective is to get rid of, or get away from, the offensive taste, object, or rotten smell. Notice the facial expressions indicating disgust:
Forehead: usually relaxed. Eyebrows are lowered.
Eyebrows: typically down with pulled together inner corners and lowering of the upper lid. Lower lids tense.
Eyes: narrowed openings of the eyes with lines and folds below lower lids.
Nose: upper nose wrinkling may occur along sides or near bridge
Mouth / Lips: Upper lip raised with mouth slightly open or pursed. Lower lip may be raised and slightly forward, or lowered and slightly protruding forward.
Achieve improved Body Language Skills and Confidence. CONTACT Accurate Body Language, LLC Today:
- Body Language and Communication Analysis
- TV / Radio / Print / Social Media News Commentary
on High-Profile Cases
- Individualized One-on-One Coaching
- Speaking Engagements / Keynote / Presentations / Conferences
- Group Training / Workshops / Seminars
- Business / Sales / Executive Team Development
- Employee Team Building / Motivation
- Human Resource Interviewing