Psychopaths view themselves SUPERIOR than others and are strongly driven by high-stake REWARDS. They minimize the potential danger or punishment of their actions, lack moral conscience, and take extreme risks for big-pay-off rewards.
The characteristics (e.g., intrepid, charismatic, arrogant, intelligent, manipulative, and goal-focused) of psychopaths may be in both the criminal-minded and also in successful business-minded individuals.
Psychopath brain scans are different with significantly reduced grey matter volumes in the anterior rostral prefrontal cortex and temporal pole. Average people feel the stress and discomfort from lying. However, psychopaths get increased dopamine & personal power through pathological lying, and lack normal guilt, remorse, or shame for their wrong-doings. They do not grasp or fear punishment because in their minds they won’t get caught, therefore punishment isn’t part of the equation.
BEWARE! Psychopaths are not always like infamous prison escapees Richard Matt and David Sweat. They may also be charming and famous professionals, TV and movie star entertainers, athletes, actors, and business people.
Therefore, it is important to know the clues and criteria in order to avoid psychopaths from ruining your life. Ex-prison worker Joyce Mitchell fell prey and victim to the cold and calculated cunning lies of murderers Richard Matt and David Sweat. Mitchell pled guilty to promoting prison contraband in the first degree, a felony, and criminal facilitation in the fourth degree, a misdemeanor
The twenty traits assessed by the Psychopathy Check List-Revised score are:
- glib and superficial charm
- grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self
- need for stimulation
- pathological lying
- cunning and manipulativeness
- lack of remorse or guilt
- shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness)
- callousness and lack of empathy
- parasitic lifestyle
- poor behavioral controls
- sexual promiscuity
- early behavior problems
- lack of realistic long-term goals
- failure to accept responsibility for own actions
- many short-term marital relationships
- juvenile delinquency
- revocation of conditional release
- criminal versatility
Know how to spot these identifiers in order to stay away from charming, but dangerous, Psychopaths.
From Head-to-Toes, the BODY Always Shows…the TRUTH!
SUBSCRIBE to Accurate Body Language Today:
- Stop the Lies
- Get to the TRUTH faster
- Avoid costly mistakes
- Maximize CONFIDENCE, COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE, and CAREERS with Body Language and Lie-Spotting SAVVY!
“Get-to-the TRUTH!” Janette Ghedotte is an EXPERT in Human Behavior & Communication:
CONTACT Accurate Body Language, LLC:
- Comprehensive Body Language and Statement Analysis
- Fraud and Deception Detection
- Effective Interview & Interrogation Techniques
- Human Behavior, Relationships, and Communication
- Management / Employee / Sales Team Development
- Speaking Engagements / Keynote Presentations / Conferences
- Education / Training / Workshops / Seminars
- Jury Consultant / Commentary on Criminal Cases