Miss Universe Host Steve Harvey Blew It!
He mistakenly read, and incorrectly announced, Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez as the 2015 Miss Universe Winner.
Harvey apologized and corrected his mistake. The actual winner of 2015 Miss Universe is Miss Philippines Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach, with 1st Runner Up as Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez.
Lineup of Top 3 Miss Universe contestants:
- Far Left: Miss Philippines Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach
- Middle: Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez
- Far Right: Miss USA Olivia Jordan Thomas
Miss Colombia and Miss USA Displayed Visual Body Language Advantages:
- With a 5′ 11″ height advantage, Miss USA was the tallest of the three women.
- Miss Colombia stood in the best position…the middle, and had the most confident body language with strong erect, broad shoulders on her statuesque 5’10” height.
- Miss Philippines was the shortest at 5’8″ and, also the least expansive.
- With hands on their small waists, Miss Colombia and Miss USA showed confidence by expanding elbows in ‘arms akimbo’ power pose.
After Miss USA Olivia Jordan Thomas was announced 2nd Runner Up @ 44 second mark, Olivia showed her disappointment with tight, disappearing, lips and an attempt to maintain a smile with uplifted corners of her pressed mouth.
Next, @ 45 seconds, Miss USA gave a quick downward head nod, a symbol of defeat and disappointment.
Then, @ 46 seconds, Miss USA displayed a self-soothing, pacifying gesture of touching her hair. This gesture helps to ventilate her face and calm her nerves.
Miss USA managed to display her beautiful social smile and appeared gracious for accepting 2nd Runner Up.
Top 2 Held Hands in Anticipation of the Announcement of the WINNER!
Miss Colombia Showed More Confident Body Language Because:
- Miss Columbia stood more alpha-dominant tall and erect, held and claimed Miss Philippines’ left hand close to Miss Columbia’s hip bones. Miss Columbia controlled the hand placements with close proximity to her body and not Miss Philippines’ body.
- Miss Philippines’ right hand showed a submissive, feminine, self-soothing gesture of touching her chest near her heart.
The Moment of TRUTH and Face-Off:
The Top 2 Women for the Coveted 2015 Miss Universe Crown.
Their body language showed competitive distance; the women…
- Lightly and minimally held each other’s fingertips.
- Stood erect, without forward-friendly lean toward each.
- Did not look at each other and lacked mutual eye gaze.
- Showed upward nose tip. Miss Colombia’s nose is tipped at a higher angle upward, showing more arrogance or self-assuredness than Miss Philippines.
- Maintained a distant social distance with 2-3 feet in-between their bodies.
Miss Colombia Joyful Reaction to Steve Harvey’s Announcement of 2015 Miss Universe. Miss Philippines Showed Genuine Smile & Happiness for her Opponent.
Gravity-Defying Jumps for JOY!
After receiving her Miss Universe banner, flowers, and National flag around 2:20 minutes, Miss Colombia gave several gravity-defying jumps for joy and tight hugs to Miss Universe 2014 .
Oh, Ohhh! Is this a JOKE?!!
After realizing his monumental mistake, Steve Harvey sheepishly went to center stage and said, “I have to apologize…”
Tweet from Pete [stringfellow] showed how Host Steve Harvey might have been confused because of the ballot card design:
Miss Philippines shocked & wide-eyed surprised facial expression when she heard Steve Harvey stating, “The 1st Runner Up is COLOMBIA…” Miss USA gave a warm, gentle congratulatory arm touch to the stunned Miss Philippines! Still confused, Miss Philippines looked around and said twice, “What…what??”
Miss USA Cries with Joy for Miss Philippines Winning 2015 Miss Universe Contest!!
Miss Philippines touches her suprasternal notch in a self-comforting gesture as she wondered in bewilderment, “What is going on?!” Then, Miss Philippines finally registered the truth…
What, I won?!!
Still in shock, but now with the realization that she, Miss Philippines, is the 2015 Miss Universe Winner!! Congratulations to the real winner was Miss Philippines, Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach.
From Head-to-Toes, the BODY Always Shows…the TRUTH!!
SUBSCRIBE to Accurate Body Language Today:
- Stop the Lies
- Get to the TRUTH faster
- Avoid costly mistakes
- Maximize CONFIDENCE, COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE, and CAREERS with Body Language and Lie-Spotting SAVVY!
“Get-to-the TRUTH!” Janette Ghedotte is an EXPERT in Human Behavior & Communication:
CONTACT Accurate Body Language, LLC:
- Comprehensive Body Language and Statement Analysis
- Fraud and Deception Detection
- Effective Interview & Interrogation Techniques
- Human Behavior, Relationships, and Communication
- Management / Employee / Sales Team Development
- Speaking Engagements / Keynote Presentations / Conferences
- Education / Training / Workshops / Seminars
- Jury Consultant / Commentary on Criminal Cases